How SEO Audit Software Can Optimize Any Website
One of the factors that nearly all websites have in common is that they are not optimized for search engines. This is true even for websites that are operated and owned by online businesses. This is especially problematic, creating issues that can greatly affect the profitability of an online site.
Most businesses that perform their own search engine optimization strategies believe that link building is a process that is mainly driving the site’s rankings. While this is partially true, other factors need to be audited to ensure every webpage is fully optimized. This is why many companies use SEO audit software.
An effective Technical SEO Audits software will crawl over the company website and take apart every page in an effort to find a variety of issues. These issues can include:
• Obvious Errors – Server and client issues can be found in the audit, including 404 server error pages
• External Links – The audit software can locate any problems with external leaks, where the company website links to other sites or pages
• Redirects – It can easily locate any temporary or permanent redirect (301, 302)
• URL Problems – The software program can find any URL problem including uppercase characters, dynamic URLs, underscores, and URLs that are extensively long
• Page Title Tags – If any page title tags are duplicated, missing, short or long, the software can quickly identify it
• Duplicate Pages – All duplicate content is quickly identified
• Meta Keyword Tag – Any keyword tag that is duplicated, missing, short or long is quickly identified
• Meta Description Tags – The software can quickly identify any duplicated, short, long or missing description tags
• Headings – Locate and identify any missing, duplicated or corrupted headings including H1,H2 and H3
• Rel Canonical – The software can locate this very problematic issue, where the site is pointing search engines to redirect to a different URL
• Meta Robots – There may be errors in what information the site allows to be indexed or not. In addition, the software can check to see if indexing is being used properly
• File Size – The SEO audit software will check every file size and make a notation. This is important because smaller files tend to load faster
• Internal Links – The program can ensure that all internal links are directed to the proper location inside the website
• Page Depth Level – Search engines can miss a lot of material when the content is buried too deep in hierarchy. The software can determine page depth level and minimize the amount of crawling search engines need to perform to capture all content information
• Anchor Text – The program can ensure that all linked text is anchored properly on both webpages and images
• Follow & No Follow – The audit software can determine exactly what links on the site are being followed on a routine basis, or not
• Images – The audit software can determine the size of the images used on the site, along with the alt text links, or any corrupted or missing alt text
The process involved in auditing search engine optimization is fast and easy with the proper audit software. In fact, it can generate reports to optimize the company website to attract a better-targeted audience. They can save time by quickly identifying many of the website’s search engine optimization problems. It will provide easy recommendations to make necessary improvements.